Most WordPress owners don’t know they’re vulnerable and how to recover it. Thus, we are going to describe the best WordPress security plugins to block hackers below.
Table of Contents
Shortlist of Best WordPress Security Plugins
Here’s a shortlist of the 7 best plugins you can use to you can protect your website from brute force attacks, malware, and hackers. You can click the link to skip ahead and read about the plugin you’re interested in.
- Wordfence Security
- All In One WP Security & Firewall
- iThemes Security
- Anti-Malware Security
- Jetpack Security
- Bulletproof Security Pro
Reviews of the 7 Best WordPress Security Plugins
Below we have reviews the 7 best WordPress security plugins that you can use in your WordPress website. After reading the article hope you can select the right one. Let’s drive in …
01. Wordfence Security
Wordfence is one of the most popular comprehensive WordPress security solutions plugins with more than 3+ million active installations. It includes an endpoint firewall and malware scanner that was built from the ground up to protect your WordPress site. The plugins offer a free version that comes complete with a powerful malware scanner, exploit detection, and threat assessment features.
- Compatible with WP version 3.9 or higher
- Easy to manage the security for multiple sites in one place.
- Highly configurable alerts can be delivered via email, SMS or Slack
- Block attackers by IP or build advanced rules based on IP Range, Hostname, User Agent and Referrer
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) available.
- Free to use for unlimited sites
Sucuri is a globally recognized authority website security plugins for all WordPress users, that compatible with WP version 3.6 or higher. With this plugin, you can easily customize email alerts, schedule scans, whitelist or blacklist files, and more to fit your website needs. The Sucuri Security WordPress plugin is free to all WordPress users.
- Defend your website against hacks and DDoS attacks with the WAF.
- Identify indicators of compromise with various alerting options.
- Unlimited malware removal and premium response SLAs.
- Lightning-fast page speed with the highly optimized CDN.
- The plugins clean up your WordPress site at no additional cost if it gets malware
03. All In One WP Security & Firewall
All In One WordPress Security plugin is a comprehensive, easy to use, stable and well-supported WordPress security plugin that helps to add some extra security and firewall to your site by using a security plugin that enforces a lot of good security practices.
- Ability to export/import the security settings
- Protect against “Brute Force Login Attack” with the Login Lockdown feature.
- Schedule automatic backups and email notifications with one click.
- Ban users by specifying IP addresses or use a wild card to specify IP ranges.
- Protect against Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Ability to log all 404 events on your site.
04. iThemes Security
iThemes Security is another popular WordPress Security Plugin (formerly Better WP Security) that gives you over 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress site. This plugin extremely works to lock down WordPress, fix common holes, stop automated attacks and strengthen user credentials.
- 900,000+ active installation and compatible with WP version 4.7 or higher
- iThemes Security plugin makes updating your WordPress keys and salts easy
- The plugin makes regular backups of your WordPress database.
- Malware Scan Scheduling automatically each day.
05. Anti-Malware Security
Anti-Malware Security and Brute-Force Firewall is open-source software with more than 20000+ active installations. With this plugin, you can run a complete scan to automatically remove known security threats, backdoor scripts, and database injections.
- Comprehensive website scanner that compatible with WP version 3.3 or higher.
- Powerful firewall and Patches your login to prevent DDoS and brute force attack
- Automatically updates definitions for ensuring the best security.
- Automatically download new Definition Updates when running a Complete Scan.
06. Jetpack Security
Jetpack is also the best WordPress security plugins with 5+ millions of active installations among other plugins that offer complete solutions to protect your website. This plugin ensures your site’s security detail, guarding you against brute-force attacks and unauthorized logins. It’s compatible with WP version 5.2 or higher.
- Protect yourself against traditional brute force attacks
- Automated malware scanning, code scanning, and automated threat resolution.
- Backups of your entire site, either once daily or in real-time.
- Secure login, with optional two-factor authentication.
- A record of every change on your site to simplify troubleshooting.
07. Bulletproof Security Pro
BulletProof Security is an effective, reliable and easy to use WordPress Security Plugin to protect your WordPress website from Malware scanner, Firewall, Login Security, DB Backup, Anti-Spam & much more. With 1-click automatic setup wizard, you can easily run the plugin without manual setup or configuration.
- MScan Malware Scanner
- .htaccess Website Security Protection
- Login Security & Monitoring
- Idle Session Logout
- Auth Cookie Expiration
- DB Table Prefix Changer
- Security Logging
- HTTP Error Logging
- FrontEnd|BackEnd Maintenance Mode
- UI Theme Skin Changer
- Extensive System Info